Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Submitting a ROMS JOB on CHPC-IQudu

Hi All

Finally, I have ROMS running again on CHPC's iQudu cluster (e1350 IBM Linux cluster)

IQudu used to be set up with IBM's load-leveler but recently CHPC made the change to Moab. This meant starting from scratch!

I have made a testcase directory in my work directory on IQudu that a new user can copy into their work directories and use as a starting point.

/CHPC/work/nburls/ROMS_iQudu_testcase

The files of interest in it are

1) jobcomp_iqudu_intel

Note! As mentioned at the top of this script, you have to source the Intel compiler in your .bashrc script

Also note that as it is currently configured this script makes use of source code in my home directory.

set SOURCE=/CHPC/home/nburls/Roms_Agrif_v2.1_20_07_2010/Roms_Agrif

and a mvapich library (/CHPC/home/nburls/mvapich_intel) and netcdf library (/CHPC/home/nburls/netcdf_intel) in my home directory.

2) run_roms_iqudu.moab

Note! Make sure you change the following lines to point to your directory.
#MSUB -o /CHPC/work/nburls/ROMS_iQudu_testcase/roms_log.out
#MSUB -e /CHPC/work/nburls/ROMS_iQudu_testcase/roms_log.err
#MSUB -d /CHPC/work/nburls/ROMS_iQudu_testcase/

Let me know if any issues pop up. Hopefully not.

Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nat,

    Awesome you got this up and going! I have been trying to compile for a bit, and I seem to be having an issue with licensing; it keeps telling me a licence for FComp is not available. Maybe I have not done my pathing correctly, but my .bashrc looks ok. Do I need to apply for a non-commercial intel licence?

    Cheers

    Ben

    ReplyDelete